Visits

Thursday 10 January 2013

Mme Monboddo


 

Madamme Monboddo






This is a true-to-life painting of Jean-Patrique Monboddo's wife - Magdalena. 

Not a lot is really known about Magdalena. She began her Parisian life as the artist's muse - but  their working relationship very soon developed into a love affair.

They finally married and lived their last years together in the shadow of 
the Sacre Coeur in Montmartre, Paris.
 

This is an acrylic picture measuring 14" x 12" on canvas board, and is #42 of 52.
Nearly one a week for a year
(enjoy)

5 comments:

  1. I love your portraits. I"m very impressed that you can finish one in a week's time. That is amazing!
    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks very intriguing. I'd love to live in Montmatre. PS My grandma's brother played in Elsecar Collier Brass Band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this picture - I've decided to write a short story featuring Magdalena which I hope will be published in the Carillon literary magazine. www.carillonmag.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just viewed a movie featuring this portrait. Where is the original?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not sure where the original is - this picture is a homage to a painting featured in Doors Open.

      Delete