Visits

Thursday, 10 January 2013

Mme Monboddo


 

Madamme Monboddo






This is a true-to-life painting of Jean-Patrique Monboddo's wife - Magdalena. 

Not a lot is really known about Magdalena. She began her Parisian life as the artist's muse - but  their working relationship very soon developed into a love affair.

They finally married and lived their last years together in the shadow of 
the Sacre Coeur in Montmartre, Paris.
 

This is an acrylic picture measuring 14" x 12" on canvas board, and is #42 of 52.
Nearly one a week for a year
(enjoy)

7 comments:

  1. I love your portraits. I"m very impressed that you can finish one in a week's time. That is amazing!
    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks very intriguing. I'd love to live in Montmatre. PS My grandma's brother played in Elsecar Collier Brass Band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this picture - I've decided to write a short story featuring Magdalena which I hope will be published in the Carillon literary magazine. www.carillonmag.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just viewed a movie featuring this portrait. Where is the original?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not sure where the original is - this picture is a homage to a painting featured in Doors Open.

      Delete
  5. Yes, I'm just reading Doors Open ... that's the good thing about iPads, one learns as one reads. Thank you, Rod

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you Rod for taking the time to comment - hope you enjoy the story. The film of the same name, does deviate from the book (as they do) and references different art works. This is well worth catching too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete