Visits

Sunday 20 November 2011

Paris by Nuit

Le Eiffel Tower




I recall looking out of our hotel window in Montmatre, looking out over Paris and seeing the Eiffel Tower all lit up and sparkling, unfortunately by the time I fetched my camera it had refrained from dancing and fallen back into darkness.
However, as our stay in this beautiful city matured, we discovered that on the hour the tower did dance to the Parisian tune 'de vie'  with ecstatic illumination.
I now understand why the great artists of this world have to live in Paris - it is a rite of passage for anyone who has passion in their soul.

 This acrylic painting measures 10" x 6.5" on canvas board, and is #29 of 52.
It may not have been painted in Paris but still carries the spirit.
One a week for a year we are getting there.
(sold) 


5 comments:

  1. I love this, having never been to Paris it is exactly how I want the Eiffel Tower to look when I do see it for the first time - looks like I won't be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the first time we saw it do this - we wern't expecting it and it finished the day off perfectly. Youve captured it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'adore la tour Eiffel and your work!!!! How ambitious to post a painting a week. Doing two daily photoblogs I can relate.

    I'll be back!
    V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, now, you knew that I would love this one! I think that you captured it beautifully and I will check it out again in less than three weeks when I return to Paris.

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just seen recent picture of it in pink for cancer awareness - thats my nxt challenge - thanks

    ReplyDelete